This wasn’t my best week. I actually had a sneaky weigh on Monday and found I had gone up a little bit since my weigh in day, Friday. I started to panic a little bit so went a bit easy on everything and by Friday I had lost just 0.4kg. This is the smallest weekly amount I have lost so far, but hey – I still lost weight. I’m not entirely sure why this happened, but I do know I have been doing a lot of computer work which means that I’ve not been as active as I could have been. As usual I’ve probably been glugging a few too many red wines of an evening too, which is a habit I’m finding very hard to break. As the nights are getting longer and colder I can’t really think of anything else nicer than sitting in front of a warm fire with a glass of rouge in my hand.
Some things have occurred to me as I enter my eight week of Weight Watchers:
- I’m now eating hardly any bread, may be four or fives slices a week
- I’m eating tons more vegetables than I ever did – as a family we are easily eating 2kg of carrots a week!
- My Spiralizer that I bought last week means that I am no longer eating pasta, I’m preferring ‘courgetti’ or sweet potato noodles instead
- I am not snacking at all
- I will do things like have an orange for breakfast if I know I’m going to have something large later in the day
- Most yogurt is really not very good for you – for example a 125ml pot of Activia Prune yogurt has 15.5g of sugar in it, which is 6 SmartPoints!
Overall I think my general habits have got really good now, I’m really thinking about everything that goes inside me, so no nibbling or picking. I’m still drinking too much wine, but I think that will probably calm down as I get nearer my goal weight.