For a year or two now I have been giving away information about how to get number one in Google, but when I searched for that phrase I was horrified to see that I was on the second page of Google! This isn’t a particularly good ad for me, but there again I am up against 246,000,000 results so competition is somewhat stiff!
Anyway to combat this I am making this blog post and her some features of this post.
- I am writing about the phrase I want to rank for, this just happens to include related keyphrases and keywords which are important
- I have titled the blog post: “How to get number one in Google”
- I have also tagged the post (see below) with the phrase too
- I have added and image where the file name is how-to-get-number-one-in-google.jpg and given the alt text as the keyphrase too
- I have also changed the title of my blog to “How to get number one in Google”
- I have changed the meta description of my site to this: “How to get number one in Google is the main aim of web 2.0 strategist Rick Lomas. Rick looks into keyword research and ways to get tons of backlinks to your site, to get it ranking and make you money”
- I have added the phrase to my meta keywords
So how should this improve matters? Well ths is what is known as “on page SEO” and it is the absolute least you should do to get your site ranking. The other part of the strategy is the off site linking strategy, but you’ll have to ask me nicely if you want to tell you how to do that! (please comment below)
Anyway today is the 4th June 2009 so lets see how soon I can rank on the first page of Google for “how to get number one in Google”.